Be Ready To Be Allured By Our Alecha Wat Ethiopian Dish
The Ethiopian cuisine waves its magic over your taste buds with an incredible combination of spices and herbs. The outstanding factor about this cuisine is how it makes even the vegetarian meals so indulging.
At the House of Injera, one of our eminent Vegan delicacies is the Green version of Alecha wat, an amazing Ethiopian stew made from garden-fresh delights like carrots, green cabbage, potatoes and onions. It has a punch of garlic, ginger, turmeric and pepper and the affection of some fresh butter.
Well, this wonderful dish is also quite fun and effortless to cook. Let’s find out how we prepare this Wat in our kitchen. You can serve around 6 hungry stomachs using this recipe.
– 1 Green cabbage
– 4 carrots
– 4 potatoes (Medium sized)
– 2 tomatoes
– 1 can of tinned tomatoes
– 2 teaspoons of salt
– 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
– 4 tablespoons of cooking oil
– ½ teaspoon turmeric
– ½ teaspoon pepper
– 3-4 cups of water
· You need to add some oil to a skillet and heat it on a medium flame. Add one chopped onion and caramelize it. Soon you will sense the heavenly aroma of brown onions.
· Now comes the time to add other veggies. Put 1 minced garlic clove, the diced carrots, potatoes cut in cubes and the tinned tomatoes. Add one and a half cup of water.
· Release the tomatoes in boiling water. Skin the boiled tomatoes, cut them into wedges and introduce them to the rest of the contents.
· Chop the cabbage and add it to the pot.
· Mix 1 teaspoon salt and half teaspoon of turmeric for a beautiful yellow color. Finally, for a tinge of hotness season it with some pepper.
· Let the contents cook for over 10 minutes with sufficient water and keep stirring it from time to time till the veggies become tender.
· Dress and enrich the dish with a tablespoon of butter. Yum! The dish will be ready to go down your hungry stomach.
Try the wat with some authentic Injera bread or even pitta bread. Eat it with some nicely boiled rice for a gluten free meal.
Come join us at the House of Injera to taste the traditional Ethiopian Alecha wat which is truly an incomparable vegetarian meal in every sense.